JAN 14th - THE NEW RUSTFRI 'DECO' VS OUR HAMMERED CHROME PLATED NORWEGIAN CODFISH JIG

Learn from the top wreck and bottom fisherman in the game! Full discussions on wreck fishing along with all things related to bottom fishing!!

JAN 14th - THE NEW RUSTFRI 'DECO' VS OUR HAMMERED CHROME PLATED NORWEGIAN CODFISH JIG

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

In another thread, one of FISHING UNITED.COM members showed us a new jig produced by Norwegian jig manufacturer SOLVKROKEN:

Rustfri Svenskepilk Deco

I have also pointed out this year, that the JIG MAKER from the BAY, makes this:

I should point out that the Rustfri Svenskepilk Deco, does not seem to be available inside the US at this time. Also the price of this SS jacketed jig will make any GOM codfishermen do a double take.

We here at FISHING UNITED.COM have shown you a few options to keep costs down in buying fishing tackle, and a similar Norwegian designed chrome plated hammered jig was available this year. Just add heavy duty split rings, swivel and treble hook with tubing, gitzit or cod squid and your ready to go.

If one is looking for the Rustfri Svenskepilk Deco, your best bet would be to call:

New England Marine and Industrial

Your other choice is to contact us since the JIG MAKER from the BAY, should hopefully have some of these available in the spring.

EC NEWELLMAN

Re: JAN 14th - THE NEW RUSTFRI 'DECO' VS OUR HAMMERED CHROME PLATED NORWEGIAN CODFISH JIG

Postby jjdbike » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:25 pm

OK so how do we order them from "Jig Maker fron the Bay"?
Thanks
JD
jjdbike

Re: JAN 14th - THE NEW RUSTFRI 'DECO' VS OUR HAMMERED CHROME PLATED NORWEGIAN CODFISH JIG

Postby longhunter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:32 pm

I need some new jigs. How do I get them?

longhunter
longhunter

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:41 pm

They have to be made.....all the cod jigs have been sold out, and already we are running low on 7/0 cod hooks. We just got another bunch of the 7/0 Sand Eel tubes which were just made. That is more important then the jigs, since right now you can use a hammered 8 or 10 oz jig and catch fish. Lots of cod are being seen all over Montauk and the south shore of Long Island from what I have been told.
EC NEWELLMAN

Postby togilator » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Steve what size are the hammereed Norwegians bieng made by the Jig man. 8-)

I have always liked a Hammer jig over smooth,I have had really good scores with poorly made bannana hammered jigs in the past.Im sure these are mutch better then what I have used in the hammered style.
togilator

Postby bluefish69 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Steve

As far as I know I recieved the last shipment of Stainless Jacketed Jigs from the Jig Man. I have 10, 14 & 16 oz in stock.
Show me a man with both feet on the floor and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants on.
bluefish69

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:23 am

Good morning....

Rob your 100 percent correct here with the Hammered jigs tending to work NOTICEABLY better then a smooth surface jig.

As of this time, the fishing off of Block Island is being done from water depths as shallow as 100 feet or less, up to 150 feet.

The whole ides of the squidding setup is to use:

1- A jig that is heavy enough to get down to the bottom

2- A Sand Eel tube or Rubber Curly Tail to attract the codfish to hit

Right now there is a very large number of codfish in the 20-26 inch class that has come through Block Island all the way west to the NY BIGHT.

A 7/0 JIG hook or 5/0 - 7/0 BAIT size hook is what you need for these codfish.

Guys also, Mike BLUEFISH69 has STAINLESS JACKETED jigs.

This year more boats are involved fishing for codfish this season, creating a temporarily shortage of codfish jigs.

We do have the SAND EEL TUBES, and I picked up some last night, and will pick up more today.

If you cannot get your hands on the SAND EEL TUBES, use the RUBBER 6-8 inch CURLY TAILS.

Captain Desi said the FLO RED color has been the most popular right now, but that does not mean that the FLO GREEN, or YELLOWS/WHITE will not catch fish...they do.

Later, when I get a chance I will try to put up some pics of the rigs again.

EC NEWELLMAN

Return to WRECK & BOTTOM FISHING CENTRAL