DEC 27 - FISHING UNITED.COM SPECIAL ARTICLE - WHO FOUND & FIRST FISHED THE SOUTH SHORE OF LONG ISLAND CODFISH WRECKS FROM 40s THROUGH THE 70s

Learn from the top wreck and bottom fisherman in the game! Full discussions on wreck fishing along with all things related to bottom fishing!!

Re: DEC 27 - FISHING UNITED.COM SPECIAL ARTICLE - WHO FOUND & FIRST FISHED THE SOUTH SHORE OF LONG ISLAND CODFISH WRECKS FROM 40s THROUGH THE 70s

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 pm

I have three different names for the east of the orgeon wreck. The Marsha E...the Meteor Comet...and the Dirty Little. Anyone know the wreck by any of these names?

MATAURIS

Miss Sandy, may be a reference to Sandy Mason who owned the Vicenzo which came out of Fire Island and Shinnecock at one time.
EC NEWELLMAN

Re: DEC 27 - FISHING UNITED.COM SPECIAL ARTICLE - WHO FOUND & FIRST FISHED THE SOUTH SHORE OF LONG ISLAND CODFISH WRECKS FROM 40s THROUGH THE 70s

Postby fishpro » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 am

I am pretty sure Sandy packed it in. I think his son is still fishing. I think we are talking about the same guy. He was a dragger and scalloper right
fishpro

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:08 am

Morning George, yes he did and he gave me his number since he winters in Florida I believe, but comes up during the warmer months (bought someone we know boat). A very nice guy and one of the best guys we had up here fighting for fishermen.
EC NEWELLMAN

Previous

Return to WRECK & BOTTOM FISHING CENTRAL