JAN 11th - BLOCK ISLAND & GEORGES BANK SLIDING CODFISH CURLY TAIL SINKER RIG w/Pics

Learn from the top wreck and bottom fisherman in the game! Full discussions on wreck fishing along with all things related to bottom fishing!!

Re: JAN 11th - BLOCK ISLAND & GEORGES BANK SLIDING CODFISH CURLY TAIL SINKER RIG w/Pics

Postby Hawkboat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm

That bucket has to weigh 30 pounds.. :lol:

Great set up though
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Re: JAN 11th - BLOCK ISLAND & GEORGES BANK SLIDING CODFISH CURLY TAIL SINKER RIG w/Pics

Postby ctwhitechin08 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:35 pm

just throwing this out there, another good color is black. I have a couple packs of black tube teasers, they work well sometimes also. Never seen those curly tails in black.
we are the people our parents warned us about!!!
ctwhitechin08

Postby togilator » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm

One important tool thatI carry I dont believe you mentioned was SPLIT RING PLIERS.They come in very handy if switching hooks or skirts and tubes.
togilator

Postby togilator » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:10 pm

ctwhitechin08 wrote:just throwing this out there, another good color is black. I have a couple packs of black tube teasers, they work well sometimes also. Never seen those curly tails in black.

Marc I got black curly tails,you want me to send you some.I will see if I have the package and let you know who makes them.Yes I agree they do work!
togilator

Postby ctwhitechin08 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks Rob no need to send if you can let me know who makes them. I never really looked for them Cabelas is about 5 miles from me I may take a ride and look in the freshwater dept.
we are the people our parents warned us about!!!
ctwhitechin08

Postby WHATTA CATCH » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:50 pm

WOW.... That is some Tackle Bucket. I have to remember if I Cod Fish with you guys , I can't just throw my tackle in a KeyFood shopping bag and show up at the boat. LOL
WHATTA CATCH CHARTERS

http://WWW.WHATTACATCH.COM
WHATTA CATCH

Postby MisterX » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:19 am

I used to have a bucket like that. Problem was water infiltration. If the bucket didnt have a cover and you got sea water inside, the hooks would rust! If you fished often, no problem. If you didnt use your bucket for a couple of months you would have a mess! Key is to keep a cover on it.

I also take the time to pre-rig a few jigs with leaders and put them in zip-locks. This will prevent them from getting soaked and rusting. All tubes and grubs also get their own zip locks too.
"When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others" - Chinese Proverb
MisterX

Postby Hawkboat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 am

Serge.... I agree with the cover and bags but couldn't some small drain holes in the 5 gallon and the trays solve the problem or would it break apart because of all that weight.

This way you could just rinse everything with fresh water right in the bucket?
CAPT. BILL
Hawkboat

Postby jjdbike » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 pm

I believe that bucket in the bottom picture is my fishing buddy "Physedfisher" Mike. I and our other buddy have ones just like it. It does get heavy when loaded w/ jigs & gear. It does have a screw on lid w/ long bolt through the middle mounting one or two spools of line inside. I thought about the holes in the bottom but some boats we fish are so wet that much of the bottom would be sitting in water. Efrything other than jigs get put in tupperwhere, zip locs or small plasitic coffee canisters (fit the best, are rugged & hold a good amount). I try to keep the hooks inside of the PVC as to not catch my arm when reaching in. The jigs that were used do need to be rinsed after each trip, but that's no big deal considering how convienent it is for transporting so much gear & easy access to you jigs etc...
JD
jjdbike

Postby nickh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:25 pm

keep your grubs seperated too. The colors will bleed into each other.
nickh

Previous

Return to WRECK & BOTTOM FISHING CENTRAL