MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Fishing reports by our own FISHING UNITED - FIELD REPORTERS.

MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Fri May 24, 2019 10:48 pm

VOYAGER 2019.....

In Cape May at the Canyon Club yard and saw the old Sea Fox/Angler having the bottom re-done....

BROOKLYN VI coming back from DERECKTOR in early May 2019....

FINLANDER GOMaine fishing, and it has been a good start to the pollock season...

These are interesting...

Great start to biscuit season in the Garden State....

One of the biggest PINFISH we have ever seen caught this spring on the CELTIC QUEST....

Sergio with a barrelfish on the VIKING STARSHIP this spring...

Undy...and do not go fish for fish with this man when it comes to Golden Tilefish!

REGINA E striped bass on Mojo's this spring...

Porbeagle time in the GOMaine, and another twenty dollars worth of jig making its way off to the Canadian Maritime....

EC NEWELLMAN

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Tue May 28, 2019 11:06 pm

Finally jumbo fluke have shown up off the Pt. and Captain Steve is digging in...

Bone fishing in the Keys....

Yep, 2.4x above the Target....

Should we eat it or use it for bait.....

Those are real GOMaine haddock....

Catches big bass and cuts fish! Congrats...and no it was not caught in Erie Basin....

A 'DeadBeat' striper...in the 30 lb class....

Finally some meat being weighted up at the dock and who said there are no blues around....

Who knows....juvenile weakfish or just unlucky....

Mike Frisk says there are no winter flounder....

Biscuit readings were solid 35 feet off the bottom..and do not ask me where......

Someone sent me this of the H' sitting quietly at the dock in Hyannis....

Great to see a young and very enthusiastic angler....

Would you believe this catches grouper.......

Halfway to landing the New York biscuit limit....

Yes, the blues are finally here.....

Biscuit readings over hard and flat bottom...

A pocket camera pic taken when the Viking first fished the wreck and barrelfish spots... fishing only stopped when the anglers were whipped out...

We keep repeating...2.4x above the Target...

We close we some start of the opening season fluke with Captain Steve - Top Hook out of MTK...

EC NEWELLMAN

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 pm

I wish I had energy like that! He was still going at the dock too! Hopefully a future fishermen...
EC NEWELLMAN

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Wed May 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Sent over by Captain Jeff of the VOYAGER from the latest Nantucket trip just a few hours earlier.....and when you have Choggies this size, I would be fishing for them!

EC NEWELLMAN

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Fri May 31, 2019 10:59 pm

GOMaine 5.5 lb bull haddock...

Dolphins can perform amazing tricks when they want their belly rubbed....

Lady M harvested whiting...they had a couple on this trip...

LADY M corn-fed ling fishing is on...really!

Fishermen in the know, use zip-loc bags to keep their catch fresh.....

Holy cow from rocky Cotuit Beach!

I know of two incredible fish chefs within a few minutes of my house as the crow flies, and here Frank R-SONS has put together a bunch of various fish dishes that rival anything you can eat at some of the noted seafood restaurants. I can pass along that on a BROOKLYN VI offshore winter trip a few years back that he made black sea bass in a sauce that was incredible...

Would you believe these mice were found in a crab trap at the dock this spring? All were released alive, but there was not one crab to be found!

Who is that man in the muscle shirt....

Another TOP HOOK jumbo from Captain Steve in Montauk....

EC NEWELLMAN

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Sent in tonight (thanks to Frank) the winning Rockfish from the June 1, 2019 Stella Maris big fish contest.... Congrats, that is a beauty....

Thanks to one of the captains here who sent in a pic of a 15 lb chisel tooth black water buffalo caught "somewhere" close to the Bay....

Finally a pic of the secret fluke killer teaser rig....

The heart breaker for today....what looked to be a double digit flatfish which opened this hook up....

A June 1st TOP HOOK jumbo fluke...

For those who pull pollock, these are Captain Hammerhead wrapped rods, a 7.5” Wahoo Jr. and a UC80xxxh back breaker...but they do the job. For those who keep asking for a recommendation for heavy duty groundfish rods that can swing 21 oz jigs....

Lots of precision drifting today to put these toothed flatties in the boat. It has not been easy lately...

Oh this doesn't look good at my gym today....Yes a distraction to say the least...

Mike Frisk claims they do not exist in NY....but they do in New Jersey!

Montauk biscuits stacked up over rocky bottom....

Of course to wrap up with another jumbo on the TOP HOOK today....

EC NEWELLMAN

Postby nickh » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 pm

I would! During blue claw season I would catch plenty of keeper blacks. This was during the days of the 14” size limit, but some would push 16. This was right at the dock.
nickh

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:39 pm

If anyone knows where this tail is from, please let us know. Came out of the belly of a big bluefish caught on the BROOKLYN VI the other day...

There were two nice fish caught on the latest VIKING STARSHIP - ABYSS trip, with Sergio O. landing his second barrelfish of the season a personal best at 24lbs. Good going Sergio! Also, Pete Undy...my goodness is he the Golden Tilefish whisper? Another big one again!

A little lean in the big cooler today for one boat...

Jumbo fluke and short fluke...can you see the difference?

Even when ocean fluking in the sand, these things seem to pop up...

Stacked up and nothing we can do here in NY except watch and wait...

Another TOP HOOK jumbo on this day....

EC NEWELLMAN

Next

Return to FIELD REPORTS BOARD