YANKEE CAPTS - 2011 LABOR DAY WEEKEND 4 DAY DEEP WRECKS/LEDGES and BANKS JIG & BAIT TRIP - THE INSIDE STORY

Fishing reports by our own FISHING UNITED - FIELD REPORTERS.

Re: YANKEE CAPTS - 2011 LABOR DAY WEEKEND 4 DAY DEEP WRECKS/LEDGES and BANKS JIG & BAIT TRIP - THE INSIDE STORY

Postby togilator » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Just an incredible report and pictures Steve. :D

Thankyou for all your time and effort put into this trip.

What a truly pleasurable fishing trip with a great group of anglers and one of the best Captain and crews on the east coast.The Yankee Capts has stood the test of time and is as good as it gets when it comes to Multi day fishing extravaganzas.Damm them Haddock are tasting good. :mrgreen:
togilator

Re: YANKEE CAPTS - 2011 LABOR DAY WEEKEND 4 DAY DEEP WRECKS/LEDGES and BANKS JIG & BAIT TRIP - THE INSIDE STORY

Postby bluefish69 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Steve

That was a great report & pictures as always. Bobby catching Blue Dogs was funny. When he got hooked I felt bad but that shows how sharp OE Hooks are, they go through his leather hands.

Can I get an Autographed copy of this before you become famous for your book.
Show me a man with both feet on the floor and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants on.
bluefish69

Postby microwelder77 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Incredible post Steve....took me almost and hour to read all of it!!!! :D :D :D Great pics and commentary that only you could deliver in such grand fashion....honestly, I feel like I was right there on the rail next to you and all the Fishing United guys....and after reading about all the food I feel stuffed to boot!!! Lastly...its really great to see Tim Coleman out there on the rail...he is one of the best in the business and has been chasing Cod & Pollack offshore since the early 70's. Seeing you and him in that pic makes me realize how lucky and blessed I am to share my passion with such great men. Keep up the good work buddy and let's get ready for whats coming very soon....2012 BI Winter Cod season....may not be an "EPIC" trip like this one but I can assure you that we will fill the coolers...minus "Prionace glauca" (yes all those nasty blue sharks)!!!! :o
"I'll follow him around the Horn, and around the Norway maelstrom, and around perdition's flames before I give him up...."
microwelder77

Postby MisterX » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 am

Great report Steve!!

My condolences to Rob for having his nice cod chomped on.. :x

The numbers would probably have been over the top had the Blue dogs not been such a problem.

Congrats on a Great trip!!
"When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others" - Chinese Proverb
MisterX

Postby NMSBob » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:20 am

Great job putting that together Steve, when does the movie come out:)

Bob
NMSBob

Postby dkuf811 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Great report Steve !! Finally had a chance to read the whole thing.It was worth the wait. Glad everything worked out
DanK
dkuf811

Postby crabcake » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Steve, that was a great read and I'm really glad that you guys made it out. The weather windows over the past 3 or 4 weeks seem to be shrinking. This report reminds me of how much I miss taking groundfish trips out of Gloucester, especially on the Yankee Capts. I'm way overdue!!
crabcake

Postby Bob K » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Thank you for a well written report Steve!

That trip will be hard to ever duplicate......

We had a 4 day weather window
We sailed with a great group of folks
The fishing AND the catching was exellent
A great time was had by all envolved

Thank You
Bob K

P.S
The hospitality,genersosity, and profesionalism of the Yankee Capts operation is the best to be found Anywhere....
Last edited by Bob K on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob K

Postby Jfish » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:15 am

Excellent report and Pictures Steve. Sorry to hear that the Bluedogs were such a problem. Congrats on a great trip.
Jfish
Jfish

Postby EC NEWELLMAN » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 am

Good morning and thank you JFISH and everyone for enjoying this FIELD REPORT!

Well, I cannot tell you how many calls, along with a few PMs and emails asking me about next seasons YANKEE CAPTS trips. I have already discussed this with Captain Greg who along with Alana are working on 2012 GLOUCESTER schedule. Already we have taken THREE separate blocks for these trips, and we were very fortunate to grab one block during the lightest currents of the month of July.

We are going to keep the current 28 man limit on two of the trips, and MAY add two more spots to the JULY trip.

On the 2012 LABOR DAY weekend trip, we have giving serious consideration of doing some more night BLUE SHARK fishing. That requires somewhat larger tackle, but this will be discussed in upcoming threads.

Please if you have interest in these trips, contact myself or the YANKEE CAPTS office. Already as I stated I have a number of fishermen who have already stated, put me down for these trips. FINE........As will be the policy, fishermen who were on this seasons YANKEE CAPTS trips will be giving priority to sign up when the list goes up and then contact the YANKEE CAPTS office with a deposit.

To show you how well received this article was, one of the noted charter boat captains in this area, texted me that night and wrote 'JUST SIGN ME UP FOR THIS TRIP!'

I know it is a long way off thinking about the 2012 season YANKEE CAPTS calender but in getting these days we are tying to ensure we can get the best choice of dates for FISHING UNITED.COM as Captain Greg has other chartered groups that join him during the summer fishing season.

As is our policy, when I make these trips with Bobby, we will extend as much help as possible, and will bring along various terminal tackle and line to aid ANYONE who comes out with us.

Also I like to pass along something that I have rarely seen in all my years, and it was so a pleasant note from Gino who worked the deck on this YANKEE CAPTS trip. I don't know how many mates will write a 'thank you' back to the charter master of a trip, and he did write two, thanking everyone for the cooperation and utter enjoyment he received from the LABOR DAY weekend group. Major Kudos to all who joined us....this helped make this trip on board the YANKEE CAPTS, one that is at the very top during my fishing career!

What everyone here reads below is the utmost compliment anyone can say not only about a fishing charter, but also on how this very trip turned out. This email meant a great deal to me from Gino......

==============

Steve,

Thank you so much for remembering me and the pics!! I enjoyed the trip a lot, you guys were great everyone was in check with what was going on and very helpful to their neighbor when help was needed if Matty or I were busy. I really hope everyone had fun!! I will keep in touch with Greg and try and find out when you guys plan to charter the boat again. I would love to work with your group again. That Mr. King well what can I say he is a classic I had a lot of fun with!! If you speak to him please tell him Gino say’s Hi sexy lol he’ll love that!!

Again Steve thank you very much for a great trip and it was a pleasure meeting you!! Hope we can do it again next year!!

I can’t wait to read your article…

Thank you for a lot of great memories on the trip.

Gino

==============

Please do not hesitate to contact us for the 2012 season YANKEE CAPTS trips if you are interested.............

EC NEWELL MAN

EC NEWELLMAN

PreviousNext

Return to FIELD REPORTS BOARD