[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 128: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Saltwater and Freshwater Fishing Forums, Fishing Report

MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

No boat, no problem! Here is a forum for those who love catching their favorite fish from terra-firma.

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:02 pm

Good afternoon, and we are not going to talk about the next big winter blast which is coming across our nation as you can find real time updates:

MIKE's WEATHER PAGE:
https://spaghettimodels.com/default.htm

In the winter party boat sales and moving to new fishing ports....

First Captain Keith Williams of the FIN CHASER II, with what is his new vessel which originally was the vessel seen below. Most of all, congrats to Captain Keith on this socialized media announcement:

On the CAPITOL PRINCESS relocating, going through the C&D Canal at this time...

Whispers at first, and the word now getting around....

EC NEWELL MAN

Re: MAY 24, 2019 - A NY BIGHT INSIDER FISHING & MARITIME PICS STUFFED INTO THE EMAIL ROUND BIN: TIME TO PULL THEM OUT (THIS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED)

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:11 pm

With the dog-days of winter slowly ticking away, it continues with little fishing news, but I did receive a little promising regulatory news on cod which I will post tomorrow.

In talking with one of the captains in the area about "Which programs would you recommend for tide and currents," I do believe I mentioned this within the MARITIME PICs forum on using this 1) OFFICIAL, and 2) FREE - online program from NOAA.

It is click-through intuitive, and you can enter where you need a tide and current table for an area. Just print out before your trip....

NOAA Tide Predictions
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/tide_predictions.html

The click through ===> Go to the link above ===> Choose Location ===> or Click MAP SYMBOL:

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/map/i ... ns&region=

You can actually go to a NOAA CHART and pick out where you need to know the tide and current where you fish.

I just did a random chart to give you an idea, this off Gravesend End - Nortons Point, Lower NY Harbor.

Save yourself a few dollars, your tax Benjamins paid for this.....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby MisterX » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:06 am

The argument of some Council members against the slot was that it would be hard to enforce, i.e.: anglers would keep the big ones anyway. And, if you released the big fish to the ocean alive, the commercial guys would catch them anyway

How does an educated person responsible for fisheries management make a statement like that and still keep their job?!?!

Its beyond irresponsible!
"When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others" - Chinese Proverb
MisterX

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:32 pm

As I have been posting all week with the news, the CAPITOL PRINCESS has relocated back to it's previous owner, and will be busy soon enough with the scheduled trip Captain George A. plans...

There seems to be a few local party boats planning to get off the dock tomorrow, and hopefully some fish reports will come in later in the day. There are also trips out of Rhode Island and New Jersey which should be very interesting on what is going to be caught on those offshore trips...
EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:40 pm

Beautiful day this Sunday...little if any wind, sun was shining, but the problem was local waters temps were between 38 to 39 degrees and a few areas where the water was cloudy and/or dirty.

The reports from the local fishing fleet were the MJ IV had one keeper cod and one ling, and it went down from there for the CAPTAIN DAVE III and CAPT. AL. This was not for lack of trying as the fleet scurried around from off Long Beach, to 17F and a few areas around New Grounds.

That is about it, and you can see from the pic just north of the GWB in the North River, the ice as well as ice melt is not helping in stirring a few fish to bite...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:39 pm

So far from looking at the weather map for this week, the weather seems to be relatively reasonable for those looking to blackfish out of the Garden State. With the last few reports of those boats looking for cod, or for that matter anything, there is always hope that a few fish will show up off Rhode Island and Long Island over the coming week with the moderating weather.

During this time though, for those who want to see some pretty neat ship 'wreckage' pictures, GO HERE:
https://www.loveexploring.com/galleries ... shipwrecks

with wrecks from around the world...

Interesting that today I received a call from one of the local captains telling me to come down to Florida, and I do wish I could get away but I have much to do over the next two months.

Just after that, I did receive some Florida Keys pics from some fishermen I believe a few of you know from the BIG MOHAWK and the VOYAGER...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:32 pm

Obviously, both the cod and black fishing reports have been poor to non-existent as the few operations still fishing are dealing with windy and blowout days, plus the impact of cold water now off our shoreline. Other than those handful of party boats going offshore for scup, which they happen to be catching a few, this seems to be a tough few weeks ahead until we get into March.

In other party boat news, with information sent to me this afternoon on what happened with the original MIJOY 747, which now has been converted by the Forsberg family into an offshore wind research vessel.

"One-Of-A-Kind Research Vessel Ready To Work in Offshore Wind, Sea Bird, Marine Mammal, Rod & Reel Fisheries Research..."

Particulars can be found here:

OFFSHORE WIND FARM SUPPORT LLC
https://offshorewfs.com/one-of-a-kind-r ... -research/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dM6Nn8 ... ayeDO/view

Also one picture while she was operating out of CT as the MIJOY 747, and then with Capt. Paul Sr. at the time of purchase in Montauk. The last images, and thanks to Mel D. of MELs-PLACE was from when the MIJOY 747 was at Duckworth on February 15, 2021 then with the MIJOY 747s till at Duckworth on August 17, 2021....

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:14 pm

Just a quick update follow-up to the images posted yesterday, and thanks to Mel D. of MELs-PLACE: http://www.mels-place.com/ with the pictures taken when the MIJOY 747 was undergoing conversion at Duckworth shipyard in 2021.

There was a notable change which you can see in these images, especially in enclosing the dodger, with the new front cabin stairway added forward of the wheelhouse to the main deck which was not on the MIJOY 747 when it was built by Breaux's Bay Craft in Loreauville LA - Hull #1280, in 1973.

It definitely is an eye-catching vessel when you see how the vessel now appears in 2022...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 pm

I waited to hear after 1900 hrs tonight to hear if the OCEAN EAGLE V was going fishing tomorrow, and it is confirmed by Captain Greg with his regular departure time at 7am. I had spoken with Captain Greg earlier in the week and he was planning to make a trip for cod and ling, if the weather was going to be nice, and thankfully it seems that there be very reasonable seas and a little breeze out of the southwest.

There have been few reports over the past two weeks, and at that, on the days the party boats did get out it was very slowing fishing. This may change though as we did hear of a nice catch of fish made by the SUPER CURRENT out of Rhode Island, and just maybe some fish are finally migrating to the west.

Hopefully we will see a few cod caught tomorrow, similar to what we have seen from an OCEAN EAGLE V trip from a while back...

It is nice to see some warm weather warm critters being caught, and Chris Z., well known to us here for his fish catches, just got in from a slammer long range trip from the EXCEL out of San Diego...

With the way has been blowing all along the coast, finally it seems the YANKEE CAPTS will be getting off the dock, or shall I say, on his way off on a 2-day Tortugas trip...

An old advertisement when the Becker family owned both the new TAMPA V as well as the TAMPA IV built just a few years earlier...

EC NEWELL MAN

PreviousNext

Return to SURF FORUM