The Pollock and Haddock have returned to the Gulf of Maine

Have a question concerning fishing or what equipment you might need? Have any fishing related comments or insite this is your forum.

The Pollock and Haddock have returned to the Gulf of Maine

Postby Spc06 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Very, VERY happy to state that large pollock have returned! They grow in numbers and size every day, and by December it should be up and down action all day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9rJsJT1XyY&t=1s
Spc06

Re: The Pollock and Haddock have returned to the Gulf of Maine

Postby MisterX » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:21 am

6/0 Senator...old school! nice...

Hint, Hint........Never a fan of Blue mono for groundfishing. Always use Pink or clear with a strong nod to the Pink line. Put more <(())>< in the box!
"When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others" - Chinese Proverb
MisterX

Postby EC NEWELL MAN » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:19 am

A very good point which Scott mentions at the end of the video when he is at home is when he said "not to shabby a trip" with the combined weight of freshly caught haddock and pollock fillets which weighted about 10 pounds.

Probably one of the best value fishing trips for ground fishing around, and of course we really enjoy these insightful videos of a party boat fishing day out of EASTMAN's Dock. Thanks for the video Scott...

EC NEWELL MAN

Postby crabcake » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:45 pm

MisterX wrote:6/0 Senator...old school! nice...

Hint, Hint........Never a fan of Blue mono for groundfishing. Always use Pink or clear with a strong nod to the Pink line. Put more <(())>< in the box!

On January 2, 1992 I was on a head boat trip where 12 anglers had 78 cod up to 45 pounds. I caught one small fish that day and more dogfish than anyone else. I was the only one who had blue mono and that was the last trip that I ever used blue mono, lol..
crabcake

Return to GENERAL FISHING FORUM